From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pulled Pork you'll fall apart for....

For those of you who love PULLED PORK SANDWICHES but have never made it before here a super easy recipe that you MUST TRY!!!

Since I am married to "the Commissioner" for Fantasy Football I usually try to make something easy and Delicious for Sunday.  We never know where we are going to watch  the GAMES or if THE GUYS are coming over to our house.   
Let me tell you, there is nothing  better than eating a Pulled Pork Sandwich and watching a football game.....Could there be anything more American?   oh, well, maybe hot dogs and baseball!!!


View 2011-10-1...jpg in slide show
What you will need is your Handy Dandy Crock Pot, a Pork Picnic Shoulder, your favorite rub (I use HEAD COUNTRY), overnight, and your favorite BBQ Sauce.

View 2011-10-1...jpg in slide show
First Make Sure your Pork fits in the Crockpot....LOL!!!    

Apply your rub to all sides of the PORK...be generous!!!    When you think maybe you shouldn't add more....believe me  ADD MORE!!!

And DON'T cut off the fat on the bottom....in this case FAT MEANS FLAVOR!!!

Slap on the lid and set to LOW OVERNIGHT.

If you don't wake up to your stomach grumbling and hungry I will be very surprised!  


Test your pork...if it just falls apart once you touch it with a fork and if the bone just slides out.... Then you know You've done it right.   Get prepared mentally for all the praise you will get....maybe the Town will ask you to be the Parade Marshall in the Christmas Parade????  You never know!!!

Take it out piece by piece...that way you can seperate as much of the fat as possible.    Go Ahead and try a few pieces.   (This is Mine and G's favorite part!)

Let the PULLING BEGIN!    Just take out two forks and start shredding away!


Spoon a few ladels of the juice from the crockpot....it will add a bit of flavor and keep the pork moist!
Dry Pork is BAD!!!

My Brother once said, "Do pigs know they taste this GOOD???"

I don't think they do!!!!  

View C360_2011...jpg in slide show

My Favorite way to eat it is with white bread and BBQ sauce!   

It turned out Delicious and BLOG worthy!!!!

Seriously this is the easiest dish to make and bring to a pot luck....Give it a try and you won't be sorry you did!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I love Pulled Pork!!!! think I'm gonna make some for the game on Sat. and I'm making chili .... woo hoo .....

    your Sista MElinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo!!! I'm SO trying this very, very soon! Thanks, I didn't know it was that easy!

    ReplyDelete