From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Is hibernation an option????

Last night was a beautifully crisp night that meant it was THE PERFECT TIME TO START UP THE FIRE PIT!!!   


There is nothing more awesome than sitting and enjoying a little fire outside.   After a bit I got a cold chill and thought "Ohhhh it's cold out here!"  Then realized, O-M-G, it hasn't even got COLD YET!!!   It's only going to get C-C-C-Colder!!!!   Land Sakes!!! Why am I sitting here....I have to start preparing for WINTER!!!  Maybe we should use the indoor fireplace this year, we need a few ricks of wood, I need to start stocking up the freezer and pantry, We need to get the Oil filled for our furnace, time to get out all the coats, does G need a new snow suit, I know she needs new Snowboots, where are the gloves and stocking caps????    Whew and the list kept snowballing!!!


The first time I ever really had to wear a coat the whole winter was my first winter up here in New Jersey.   Oklahoma Weather was always so Hot and Cold...Literally.   I remember after E and I got engaged was the first time I ever saw it snow for 3 days straight....and the snow stayed for a whole month before it melted.   


I'm starting to think the Snow Birds are on to something.... they are People who fly down to the warmer States for the winter and fly back home in Late Spring (most of them are retired).  Almost their own form of Migration.  


Me, I plan on Hibernating as much as possible.  It may only be weekends at a time, but we gotta start somewhere until we are able to become Snow Birds!!!! 
   

1 comment:

  1. We had that crazy snow in OK last year. It was awful. All I wanted to do was drink, but I couldn't because I was pregnant! ha

    ReplyDelete