From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My first blog!

Howdy Doody!  

Well this is my first blog and Welcome!    I'm an Osage girl raised in rural Oklahoma on the Osage Reservation.   Yes...There is a reservation in Oklahoma, I'm proof of that!    I've been a resident of the Garden State for over 7 years and I can honestly say I love it!  

It is clearly different from Oklahoma in many many ways.   #1 I'm the only Native American I know (besides my daughter..,you'll hear more about her in a bit)  #2 They call Pizza, Pies.   The first time I heard someone say, "Let's order some pies." my first thought was pecan or peach cobbler and got super excited then was later disappointed to find out we were only ordering pizza.  #3 The roads out here are curvy and you have to drive up then make a loop in order to make an easy left turn...let's just say there are no Left Hand Turns out here, only jug handles.   Can be a bit confusing.  #4  You must always know where in the vicinity the Garden State Parkway is, no matter where you are in NJ.   Also, you must know what exit you are.   Very Very Important!!!   #5  Everyone is more blunt and tend to not candy coat anything.  It can be refreshing but then again it can be discouraging.  You must learn to balance the two.   

I tend to have project ADHD, I am proud to say I inherited it from my Mother.    Once I master a project it may or may not go on the backburner...This drives my husband nuts.   One thing I did not inherit from my Mother is the ability to sew, but you better believe that I am an artist/mad scientist with a Hot-Glue Gun. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment