From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Friday, October 14, 2011

If you got a problem, YO I'll solve it...

Dreary drizzily morning is how we started out Thursday.   G decided to wear her FABULOUS new rain boots to school....so it made the drizzily part a little worth it.   
I had a few errands to run and one of them was to go to the Post Office.  Guess what that means???  I would need to slap on a tad bit of make-up and prepare myself for waiting in line. Not just waiting in line but prepare myself mentally for the people who would be standing in line next to me.  (I know, I know that may sound a little harsh, but Keep in Mind people out here "say it like they mean it" then add "Just Sayin" to the end of it.)  I've seen arguments, cat ladies, bag ladies, impatient people, slow people, loud talkers, mumblers...well, you get the idea. 
 
Luckily I was the first in line!  Yay Me!!  Then I looked at the door and it said OPEN 10:00 A.M....WHAT!?!  10:00 A.M.!!!  Look at my phone 9:30, okay not so bad.   I fix up my packages that I'm sending and I just burned about 10 minutes (even better).   I go stand by the door again, pull up Facebook on my phone and people start trickling in.  (GREAT....LET THE GAMES BEGIN!)   Two people try to cut in front of me...are you kidding me?  I'm right HERE....How can you miss me...I'm the TALL Osage right in front of the door!!!   After giving them the "Stink Eye" they finally get it and eventually move.    So the doors finally open and my transaction literally took 4 mins tops!  
 
Look at these cute stamps I bought!   I think I collected stamps in another life b/c I love getting the cute ones.  (My all-time favorite ones were the John Wayne and Simpson's Stamps!)

Still in my crazy mood from my Post Office experience...it made me wonder...AM I THE CRAZY ONE?   Nah! Not me!

I run my other errands...BANK and COFFEE.

I changed the XM Radio Station from NY Z100 to 90's on 9....then it happened.... the moment that changed my entire mood from BLAH to the same feeling that the Grinch felt on Christmas Morning!   (You know which one I'm talking about...MY HEART GREW 3 SIZES!!!)

ICE ICE BABY came on the Radio!!!!
 I cranked up the volume and started rapping as loud as I could and did the running man!

(Another interesting fact about me is that I LOVE Vanilla Ice.)

Time for another backstory.....The first time I saw him was in 1990 and I was in 8th Grade. It was En Vogue, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer.   My Mom took my sister and I to this concert.  Let's just say that IT WAS THE GREATEST EVER!!!
The first date that my Hubby took me on (without both of our Entourages) was to the Headliner in Belmar, NJ and Vanilla Ice was performing!!!    That's how I knew E was going to be THE ONE!!!
Awwww TRUE LOVE and memories!!!
It really is the little things in life that bring us the most joy!
It ended up being a great day, so great that I decided to buy myself some flowers! 

"If there was a problem, Yo I'll solve it, check out the hook while the DJ revolves it."
~Vanilla Ice

1 comment:

  1. How crazy that back here in your old Hometown, as we got in the car to take the girls to school, Jordan put a cd in & all of a sudden, Ice Ice Baby started blaring!!! What a wonderful way to start our Friday!! Great job on your blog, girl! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete