From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Friday, September 21, 2012

Osage Tooth Fairy

I just realized that my last blog was in February....YIKES!
 
For those of you who wondered where I've been, let me tell you, I've been all over God's green Earth and Home again!     We we home (my beautiful Osage Reservation) the whole month of June and stayed long enough to pop firecrackers at Pa-Pa's house in Grayhorse.    It was so nice visiting family, friends and the occasional foe.  Aye China!  

School has started again and I was so happy to be back on our schedules, you know those schedules that we didn't manage to pay attention to when it was summer vacation.    Dance Classes, Soccer Practice, Soccer Games and everything in between.   My other favorite part of school starting is that IT IS NOW FALL AND FOOTBALL SEASON!!!   (I was actually singing that part)   I love fall and everything it brings.....smells of apples, crisp mornings and evenings, cardigans (yes I said cardigans....I just wished Cole Haan's were popular again), stews and chili on the stove, and last but not least Football Games!    Oh yeah and baseball playoffs are starting to heat up!   
G-Men Won Last Night!!!


So let me tell you about G's latest adventure.....Last night she lost a tooth!   She wiggled that thing loose like it was a precious diamond in an African Diamond Mine.  We were both super excited and she couldn't wait to show Daddy.   As she was carrying it to the kitchen to put it on the counter she lost it....SHE LOST HER LOST TOOTH!   Oh my, you should have heard the wails coming from that child, I had a vision of her being an old Osage woman wailing her prayers in the morning sun, it was that bad!   We searched everywhere and everywhere!   
 
  She had herself completely convinced that the Tooth Fairy was invisible and took it from her early!  That DARN Tooth Fairy was trying to get off work early!!   G was ready to rip that poor Tooth Fairy's own teeth out!   I was completely baffled and sent her to her room for a bit.   If I was a tooth where would I be?   So being the loving Mommy,  I got down on my hands and knees and SEARCHED for that tooth....you would've thought I was searching for that Diamond.    AHA!   I found that tiny little tooth under the couch....how did it get there?   What the Heck!!!    So I ran and put it back on the napkin on the counter.    Later on she came back downstairs and SAW IT!   She was the happiest girl in the U.S.A!   "I knew the Tooth Fairy would bring it back b/c I didn't get to show Daddy" and "I bet the Tooth Fairy saw how much I was crying and wanted me to be happy"   Oh on and on about how the Tooth Fairy is the keenest thing!  
TA-DA!   All Smiles Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment