From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Thursday, October 13, 2011

NYC Day Tripper

To Us Osage Girls in NJ we do not celebrate Columbus Day.  We celebrate Osage Day!!! Since G was out of school for Osage Day and b/c it was so gorgeous outside we decided it was the PERFECT DAY to go into NYC.  It was a MUST and we were going to do our FAVORITE things.  
 We hit the Garden State Parkway Exit 82 about 10A.M. (That way we missed any traffic or late stragglers going to work.  Remember how important it was to know your exit??)  There wasn't traffic on the GSP or NJ Turnpike and a smooth drive through the Lincoln Tunnel.  
(I didn't take this picture, but here you can see what we drive through.  It reminds me of  Dorothy landing in Oz and she is in black and white, as soon as you exit the Tunnel there is color again.)

G's Agenda: Build-A-Bear on 5th Ave. and Ellen's Stardust Diner on Broadway
My Agenda:  Mood Fabrics on 37th or any other Fabric store that catches my eye!
Okay we are both so excited and practically skipping down the avenues, then all of a sudden there was a road block....literally a ROAD BLOCK!   We CANNOT cross 5th Ave. and Build-A-Bear is right across the street!!!
We ran smack into the Columbus Day Parade...there were Italians everywhere dancing in the streets...
(Of all places for two Osage Girls to be!!!   It was quite funny!
Would I have to knock down these dancers in order to get my baby girl to Build-A-Bear???)

We finally made it into Build-A-Bear without anyone getting hurt. (MAMMA MIA!  AYE!!.)   G created a new little friend which she named Elizabeth. (I wish I would've came up with the whole Build-A-Bear concept!)   Then it was time to work our WAY BACK across 5th Ave. 
G was starting to get beary thirsty, hungry and tired but we trudged back up 49th and ducked into the NBC Store for a bottle of water.  (I did notice a new show called Grimm is going to premier at the end of this month on NBC...hmmm I must try to remember to watch!)   
We stopped to get a drawing for $5...what a deal!  Plus it was a place her little legs were able to rest.

On the corner of 49th and 6th Ave is a bakery called Magnolia Bakery.   They make the best cupcakes on the PLANET EARTH!  G and I decide since there wasn't a line let's go in!  (ahem...we only had to wait for 4 people in front of us. OUR LUCKY DAY!! Normally the line is out the door and around the corner!)  We both got a cupcake and headed back out the door.  OMG!!!  Guess who dropped their cupcake on the sidewalk?   Me!  Not G, but ME!   I was devestated!!!   G said that she'll share hers, that was so nice of her.  I just love her more and more!!
We sat by this fountain for about 20 mins. There was a nice breeze and the sun's rays were perfect. 

On to Ellen's Stardust Diner and we were meeting E's (E is my hubby) cousin Tom for lunch.  G calls Tom, Uncle T. (I'll talk more about Uncle T in a future blog... get this.. he will be in the background of my new favorite show PAN AM!)   So We LOVE meeting up with Uncle T as much as possible, he lives in Manhattan and to us Osage Girls it's Fabulous!!!
Dancing and Singing Waiters never go out of style.   Amy TallChief brought me here on my very first time in NYC.   I'm so happy that G loves it as much as I do!

Okay so now G's Agenda is complete and now on to mine...MOOD FABRICS here we come.   By this time G, Uncle T and I jump into a cab and down to 37th we go, So Step on it!!!

I always choose MOOD b/c to me they have the best selection for silks.  The building doesn't stink, the bathrooms are clean and they have air conditioning.   These are all very important!!!

www.moodfabrics.com
Of Course I bought more, but I have to leave y'all in some sort of suspense! 

Happy Osage Day '11!
Love, Peace, and Fry Bread Grease!!!!

Thank You, Uncle T for spending the day with us.   We LOVE You!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment