From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wishbones and all....

On Thanksgiving Day my Mom would let us sleep in b/c she was usually up baking pies, pies and more pies. She would always make her usual Pumpkin and Raisin Pies. (She was the only person I knew that would make Raisin pie...hmmm I haven't had that in 10 years!!!)
My Dad was usually out huntin' (b/c it's Deer Season) so that meant we were able to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!! I would sit and flip from channel to channel hoping I wouldn't miss anything....
About Noon my Dad would come home and we'd load up everything that Momma made and would head over to Grandma Peggee's house. As soon as we opened her door the smell of Thanksgiving would hit us. Oh that glorious smell of Turkey, Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and Sweet Tea!
We would help set the table....if we made it there in time either Brandon, Melinda or I would get to break the wishbone and hopefully our wish would come true! (I wonder if kids nowadays even know what a wishbone is?)

After Dinner someone would call to see what movies were playing in  B-Ville.   Then we'd load up the car and go see the one we all decided on!   Ahhh such wonderful memories! 


I want to wish my cousin Israel a very Happy Birthday!  Dang, You are getting old! 
Samuel, Israel, Raymond, Brandon, Chancellor, Isaiah, Daniel, Trey and Brad
 
They look so handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment