From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving is closer and closer....

It's officially less than one week until Thanksgiving....My favorite HOLIDAY!

I love everything about Thanksgiving.   Being Thankful, Great food, Family and Friends.   It wasn't until I moved out here to NJ that I witnessed my first Lasagna placed at the table.   WTH!!   I've never seen such a thing, where was the real cranberries and Dressing????     I've learned to adapt....I make my favorites but we usually eat them during the weekend.   

Last year my best friend Margie and her husband came out and spent Thanksgiving with me!   I was VERY THANKFUL that they flew all the way out here....It was Awesome!   We went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC.   What a perfect way to experience it....It was my first time ever seeing it in person and I got to see it with my BESTIE!!! 
I remember watching it every year as a child and the smells of freshly baking pies, dressing and turkey filling the house.   

Surprisingly there wasn't any traffic going into NYC and there wasn't a wait on the Lincoln Tunnel.   We got in and out of the City.   The crowd wasn't so bad (it actually kept us warm) and we were home by 12:30 to put the turkey in the oven and enjoy a glass of Sangria! 
BEST THANKSGIVING EVER!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment