From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My experience with MY WEEK WITH MARILYN....

This morning was a blistery uber cold morning....considering it has been an extra warm December and now January is just trying to freeze us out.    It was so cold that even the water spout outside decided to burst in the middle of the night.   HOLY MOLY!    The best thing to do if it's Freakin' HoTter than Hades or Colder than the North Pole is to Go to the Movies!!!

Today I decided that it was going to be THE day that I go to see My Week with Marilyn.    So 12:35 rolls around and I better be off to the theatre.    (I tried to convince E to go with me, but he is a NO-GO.  Bummer!)   I walk into the AMC Theatre and there is a line....A LINE at 1:00 p.m.???    Wow I wonder what all these people are planning on seeing???    

I get my ticket for Theatre #2 and hit the concession stand for a Cameo Pack (which is a tiny bag of popcorn and a small drink).   Merrily I'm bopping down to my designated theatre and I look at the sign and #2 looks like it's showing The Muppets and #5 is showing My Week with Marilyn.   There are a few elderly ladies standing outside looking confused.  Hmmm...well the computers print the tickets and I'm sure they are coordinate the screenings with the tickets.  (My Analytical skills at work).   Alright well I'm going in!!!  I'm the first one in and so I choose the best seat.   Aisle Seat about 4 rows from the back.  I must also include that this particular theatre is an old school kind, meaning no stadium seating.  

A couple of people come in and sit.   So far so good.   After about 2 previews the movie is starting...Yay!!!   After about 5 mins. into the movie, a crowd of people coming from #5 started plowing into the theatre...let's just say they weren't quiet people either.   Old Men were yelling to their wives, "Oh Jesus, the movie started already!", "How long has the movie been on?"  The wives were yelling back to the husbands, "Just sit down" and "I'm not leaving!".   I had to pipe up and make an announcement that "THE MOVIE JUST STARTED AND THIS KID IS TALKING ABOUT HIS FIRST JOB"   Then almost in unison everyone said, "Oh Okay Thanks" and everyone sits and all is quiet again.   


Then wouldn't you know a rowdy crew of three old ladies come in talking all loud and make a big production on where to sit.   Oh but it doesn't stop there, they continued to talk throughout the WHOLE MOVIE!   The sweet little ladies behind me first did the polite shhh.   The Rowdy crew was silent for a few minutes then started talking again, then someone else yelled for them to "BE QUIET!"  I felt like I was in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.   It was horrible!!!  Everyone tried their best to ignore them but about half way through the movie they started having full on conversations about the movie, like they were invisible.  Those sweet little old ladies behind me kept trying to shush them, but those roustabouts just kept talking about the movie louder and louder.     Good Lord above, please give me strength!   I felt my tolerance reach it's all time high for a movie and I sternly whipped my head around and said, "Would you talk about the movie AFTER the Movie is over! You are being rude to everyone else around you."    Then everyone else in the theatre said, "YEAH"!   LMAO!   We did not hear a single peep, cough, sigh, or noise of any kind from them again for the rest of the movie!!!     I was officially the My Week with Marilyn Hero!!!  

Oh my goodness, Michelle Williams' portrayal was AMAZING!   Definitely Academy Award performance.   You were able to see the highs and lows of the lifestyle Marilyn Monroe lived.    The movie was written very tastefully and I am looking forward to reading The Prince, The Show girl and Me.  I would definitely see it again and recommend it to everyone I know.    I give it 2 Thumbs up! 
Michelle Williams

 If I had to choose between War Horse and My Week with Marilyn....Marilyn would win!!!   


No comments:

Post a Comment