From Osage County to Ocean County

From Osage County to Ocean County

Friday, January 13, 2012

hey wise-guy!

This is how I know I'm getting older....or should I say wiser?   

Instead of calling my friends about drink specials at the local pub, I considered calling my friends to tell them about the MEAT sale going on at the local Food Store!   Seriously, I was picking up a Pork Shoulder (for the Giants Play-Off game) and strolled by the ground BEEF (yum Beef!) and saw that it is currently $1.99 per pound!    JACKPOT!!!    I picked up 3 packs and already brought them home, separated into ziplock baggies and they are chillin' out in the freezer!    I swear I am so cool!!!   LOL!


This week I managed to sneak away while G was at school and I saw 'The Descendants' starring George Clooney.   I believe it will win for Best Picture, it was serious yet had a bit of humor in the right spots.   Everyone should see it.   It made me sad b/c the last Queen of Hawaii's descendants had to determine if they wanted to sell the land or keep it in trust, and the ones that wanted to sell didn't have a connection or appreciate the true beauty that land holds.   Then I kept thinking of our Original Osage Alottees and their land.    It made me appreciate my Grandfather Raymond and how he kept hold of his land for his children and grandchildren.    That money has a way of coming and going but Land is constant.   I love you Grandpa!   
Map of the Osage Reservation


Did anyone else notice that my favorite MOOD FABRICS is where everyone from Project Runway buys all their material?    Only the best place in NYC!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment